Freitag, 28. März 2008

Hallöchen and welcome to my blog :)

After three month of silence I think it is now the right time to start this blog :)

I´ve been quit busy with my job the last 8 weeks, so I didn´t find the time to start a new thread in the NWN forums or update this blog. But it looks like I have a lot more freetime the next weeks. I promise to update these pages more frequently. Well, I think I promise myself. Let´s see if I can make it...

The reason for this blog is the show the progress of my toolset works (that will hopefuly turn into a module soon). I love the blogs of the other nice guys in the NWN comunity and I surf them quit often a day. I am very exited what they are all up to with their modules currently they have currently in the works.
As for my little "Project Eden"... I had a lot of thinking about the story. I wasn´t sure it was something special at all but thats what I initially wanted to achive when I started working with the toolset. Like I said, I love other builders modules but I am not really into that D&D stuff. Till this day I haven´t played NWN2 beyond Neverwinter at all ! But that´s just because I didn´t get to learn the universe of D&D. So I started my own little universe. Nothing really special by now, just a map, some screenshots but a lot of ideas !
And after thinking and reshaping the "thin red line" of the
story, I think I finally came up with something that satisfied at least myself. Only some more lines to write and I think I´m ready to release a version of the island along with the storyline to the ones that were interested working for the project. I hope they will like it too.

Anyway... next to rewriting the story I have started working on a new area last sunday. I just had to paint some textures instead of typing letters :) It´s a really big tropical island. I have finished the rough landscape shaping yesterday. All possible pathes and all bays are at their place. And today I have reworked nearly every grass that was available in the toolset. It impossible to creat what I have in mind with the grass that comes wi
th the toolset. I plan to release them as prefabs along with my textures sometime in the future. I will post a screenshot of them tomorrow when I start working on a remote tropical sandy beach... I´m really looking forward to this since the wheather here in germany is grey and rainy at the moment ! For now I leave you with a screenshot I took in my first night of the new island :)



Thanks for reading... see you in the next post :)

P.S. I still need a appropriate name for that island ! Got some ideas for a tropical, pirate style name for it ?

9 Kommentare:

Ryshara hat gesagt…

Gorgeous screenshot of your island... can I move there? :)

I'll see if I can come up with a name for you and thanks for linking to my blog. I appreciate it!

Ayrin hat gesagt…

Thank you ! I thought the same while I took the screenshot. In fact there are a lot of small sandy bay left. I will reserve one for you :)

Josh hat gesagt…

Is this Pirates of the Carribean 4? :o

No, no. Its just Ayrin. Almost fooled me :)

If you want a name start by describing some of its major features. Is it inhabited by pirates? Is the shore shaped in any specific design that resembles something?

You know you could name it Ayrin's Island ;)

Ayrin hat gesagt…

Hehe, thanks Josh :) But I think it would be a little selfish to name the whole island Ayrin. But I´ve reserved a vast beach for me and I´ll name it "Ayrin Bay".

Well, describing the island... Yes, there are pirates living there in a small settlement in the mountains. And rumors are, there is a secret hideout somewhere deep in the jungle.
I came up with the name "Echo Islands", since there is a twin island of the current one. But then a friend told me they already have use that name in World of Warcraft. Too bad !

Anonym hat gesagt…

I'm going to be Lady E's neighbor!

name for the Island hmm.

I never saw Echo Isle on WOW. but then I quite before the expansion. Soo.. "thinks some more"

Scowlin' Reef
Jolly Bones Bay
Mirrored Palms "having a twin isle"

I'm done for now. I take no offense if they stink :P

Liso

Ayrin hat gesagt…

Thanks, Liso ! I like Scowlin' Reef. There is a location on the island where this name would fit.

I´ve googled the net and found out, that the Echo Islands are located south of Durotar. It seems they belong to the horde starting areas. So chances you got to see them as an alliance character are low :)
For giving this baby a name by now I think I´ll take Echo Islands anyway since it fits perfectly.
One island is bright and shine with beaches,the twin of it is darker and with deep jungle in it.

But I still hope to find an original name for it (or them) !

Josh hat gesagt…

Would "Isla de Monte Paraíso" work for you? Literally translates into Island of Paradise Mountain or Paradise Mountain Island in the English language ;)

Paradise (Paraíso)
Monte (Mountain; grand hill)
Isla (Island)
de (of)

Or you could go for Isla de Pirata. Island of pirates :) *imagines an island made up of nothing more than pirates*

Anonym hat gesagt…

Oh yeah!! "memory debunked"

I was Horde side actually. And now embarrassed b/c my Shammy Troll trained that. "rolls eyes at self*

Ayrin hat gesagt…

@Josh: Good idea ! I´ll note "Monte Paraíso" to my favorites !
I´ve build a small tropical island yesterday night and I will name it that way. I´ll send you a shot after I have finished it tonight.