Dienstag, 15. April 2008

Faked screenshot...

I got some emails a while ago, saying my screenshots were all fake and stuff. Well, today I have to admint... this post is my first faked screenshot !

I´ve found out an easy way to fake some scenic backdrops. Do you know those ugly tree fake backdrops (Nature objects: PLC_NR_TreeCard01-06) ? I wanted to find out what happens if I paint a mountain instead of those trees. Here´s the result:


Looks like this will work out pretty well (with higher resolution and adjusted colors) ! And there´s a lot of stuff one can do with this like skyboxes, coastlines, distant clouds etc.

Josh ? Could you please do the particle editor tutorial right now ? :) I need particle clouds before that mountains !

UPDATE
Just a little sunrise (again, I know...). There some more
fake backdrops in this screenshot.


6 Kommentare:

Josh hat gesagt…

Alright, I'll dedicate some time to it now I suppose. I assume you want the particle emitter for cloud formations around the mountain?

PS: You've gotta teach me how to create all this stuff one day. You're making me all jealous, you and Jonny Ree :) I gotta step it up if I am to compete, right?

Ayrin hat gesagt…

Yes Josh, I would need this tutorial for distant clouds and fog. And also tweaking some lightbeams. Nothing special here for the emitters I guess, more texture work.

Oh, and actually I needed two days.
So there is no reason to worry !
For the next bigger area (basic heightmap is finished), I plan to make a dev diary while working on it. I am curious how long it will take me to "finish" (you never do) the area. My goal is two weeks, if RL stays relaxed.

Anonym hat gesagt…

Stunning!!! enough said :)

Wyrin hat gesagt…

this stuff is absolutely beautiful!

EC hat gesagt…

Amazing. You really raise the bar on area design.

Josh: I look forward to your tut on creating particle effects and on your explanation of all those obscure settings.

Jclef hat gesagt…

That mountain in the background looks absolutely fantastic!!!

Now THAT is distance design!

You never cease to amaze us, friend!